(also available in español)
The goal of this course is to inform workers of their right-to-know about chemical hazards in their workplace and to meet OSHA requirements for providing employees information about the Hazard Communication Standard.
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
- 29 CFR 1910.119 Process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals
- 29 CFR 1910.1200 Hazard Communication
- Identify the type of information provided on a chemical container label and an MSDS.
- Identify how they can detect the presence of hazardous chemicals in the work area.
- Identify what physical hazards can result from hazardous chemicals and how employees can protect themselves from those chemicals.
- Identify worker responsibilities for container labeling, using the MSDS, and training.