To purchase and download this course, you’ll need to go through a quick and easy three-step process:
- Go to our online course portal here: http://portofino.vls01.com/.
Create your own free account with a simple username and password. (Or if you already have an account, just log in.)
You can then choose your desired course from the list of available courses, and make your purchase.
Hand and Power Tools
Minimum Time to Complete: 30 Minutes
Each employee using hand and power tools will recognize definitions and types of portable tools, the potential hazards connected with their use, including manual, electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, liquid-fueled, powder-actuated, and abrasive wheel tools, and will demonstrate the proper procedures required for each type of tool.
- Identify general hazards associated with hand and power tool use, and the safety practices that will prevent these hazards.
- Identify appropriate safety practices for electrical equipment.
- Recognize safety requirements for operator controls and guards.
- Identify appropriate safety practices for hand (manually-powered) tools.
- Identify safety requirements for using portable abrasive wheel tools.
- Identify appropriate safety practices for hydraulic and pneumatic tools.
- Identify proper use of liquid-fueled and powder-actuated tools.
- Recognize when tools must be inspected, and what actions to take if damage is found.