(also available in español)
The goal of this course is to reduce the financial and personnel costs of fires. Workplace fires and related explosions result in serious injuries and deaths of workers, cost billions of dollars, completely destroy thousands of businesses, put people out of work and severely impact their livelihoods. In this course workers will learn the dangers of fires and the fundamentals of fire prevention.
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
- 1910.157 Portable Fire Extinguishers
- 1910.38 Employee Emergency Plans and Fire Prevention Plans
- Fact Sheet No. OSHA 93-41 “WORKPLACE FIRE SAFETY”
- Correctly identify fire prevention measures.
- Correctly identify the proper use of a portable fire extinguisher.
- Identify the correct response to a fire alarm and how to fight a fire.