Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act
The goal of this course is to train the student to identify the origin and goals of EPCRA and recognize the reporting requirements of the four major areas:
- Emergency Planning
- Emergency Release
- MSDS Submissions & Chemical Inventory Reporting
- Toxic Chemical Release Reporting
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
- Emergency and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- 40 CFR 302.4 – Hazardous Substances
- 40 CFR 355 Appendix A & B – Extremely Hazardous Substances
- 40 CFR 372.65 – Toxic Chemicals
- Identify the origin and goals of the EPCRA regulation.
- Identify the four specific types of chemicals listed in the regulation.
- Identify the emergency planning requirements of Section 302 and 303.
- Identify the emergency release notification requirements of Section 304, including release possibilities at a facility.
- Identify the requirements and exemptions for MSDS submissions in Section 311 and chemical inventory reporting in Section 312, specifically Tier II reporting.
- Identify the requirements of toxic chemical reporting in Section 313