To purchase and download this course, you’ll need to go through a quick and easy three-step process:
- Go to our online course portal here: http://portofino.vls01.com/.
Create your own free account with a simple username and password. (Or if you already have an account, just log in.)
You can then choose your desired course from the list of available courses, and make your purchase.
Electrical Safety Work Practices and Standards (NFPA 70E)
The goal of this training is to make students aware of the risks associated with electrical energy and to provide instruction on safe work practices and related guidelines and procedures they can follow to protect themselves from injury due to electrical shock and arc flash.
This course also covers Article 680 of the NFPA code which deals with swimming pools and spas.
- Identify the background and history of the regulations and guidelines for electrical safety in the workplace.
- Identify the regulations that cover electrical work and the safety training requirements to protect employees.
- Identify the types of injuries associated with electrical work.
- Identify approach hazards associated with electrical energy including the potential for shock and electrocution.
- Identify the purpose of approach boundaries for working near and around exposed live parts.
- Identify arc flash and arc blast hazards associated with electrical energy.
- Identify the purpose of an arc hazard analysis and flash protection boundaries.
- Identify the requirements for work permits and job briefings.
- Identify the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary for electrical work.
- Identify the levels of clothing and personal protection required in each hazard risk category.
- Identify the electrical safety related work practices and procedures necessary to provide protection from the electrical hazards associated with jobs or tasks.
- Identify the electrical safety related work practices necessary to provide protection when working near overhead power lines.
- Identify the electrical safety related work practices necessary to provide protection when testing circuits.
- Identify the electrical safety related work practices necessary to provide protection during construction.
Time to Complete: 1.75 Hours