To purchase and download this course, you’ll need to go through a quick and easy three-step process:
- Go to our online course portal here: http://portofino.vls01.com/.
Create your own free account with a simple username and password. (Or if you already have an account, just log in.)
You can then choose your desired course from the list of available courses, and make your purchase.
DOT Training for Drivers of HAZMAT Shipments
The goal of this lesson is to provide basic HAZMAT training for drivers plus the highway-specific training in pre-trip safety inspections, general vehicle operation information, vehicle attendance requirements, and safe loading and unloading.
- State the basic aspects of DOT training for drivers of hazardous materials.
- Identify the different hazardous materials classes and divisions.
- Use the Hazardous Materials Table and its appendices to properly name, label, and placard hazardous materials shipments.
- Follow proper procedures for driving a vehicle containing hazardous materials, including actions like inspecting, loading, and parking.
- Employ the best responses to different hazardous materials emergencies.
Minimum Time to Complete: 4 Hours