To purchase and download this course, you’ll need to go through a quick and easy three-step process:
- Go to our online course portal here: http://portofino.vls01.com/.
Create your own free account with a simple username and password. (Or if you already have an account, just log in.)
You can then choose your desired course from the list of available courses, and make your purchase.
Disability in the Workplace
Minimum Time to Complete: 20 Minutes
The goal of this course is to provide awareness training to help workers recognize the key elements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), how it affects the workplace, public accommodations, discriminate between examples of situations meeting and violating the ADA, and how to appropriately interact with people with disabilities.
- Identify the purpose and scope of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, define disability and recognize examples of disabilities.
- Recognize key definitions and examples of ‘qualified with a disability’, ‘reasonable accommodations’, ‘essential functions’, and ‘undue hardship’ listed in the Employment (Title I) section of the ADA.
- Identify facilities affected by the requirements of the Public Accommodations (Title III) section of the ADA and examples of appropriate accommodations in those facilities.
- Determine whether specific examples are in compliance with or violation of the ADA.